Hey coffee fans! Did you know coffee is a fantastic flavor for cocktails and mixed drinks that can be added in a variety of ways. Classic warm coffees like Irish coffee and Cafe Brasileiro are perfect for cold weather. While colder coffee cocktails, like Irish Iced coffee, are a great way to cool down on a hot, summer night.
Irish coffee is one of the most popular coffee cocktails. The tartness of coffee blended with the caramel-tinged sweetness of quality Irish whiskey is one of the most satisfying combinations in the cocktail world. Take a look at the directions below.
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 1/2 oz. Irish whisky
- 1 tsp sugar
- Mix together in a mug
Irish Iced Coffee
For a refreshing, cool drink, check out Irish Iced Coffee.
- 1 ounce of Baileys Irish Cream with a hint of Mint Chocolate
- 1 ounce Iced Lowcountry Blend Coffee
- 1 cup of Chipped Ice
- 1 tablespoon Espresso
- 2 scoops Guinness Gelato
- Mint sprig and whipped cream for garnish
- Add Baileys, iced coffee and Guinness gelato to a blender.
- Blend on high with chip ice until smooth.
- Top with espresso, a mint sprig and whipped cream.
Café Brasileiro is the perfect match for a cold, heavy drink. With a touch of vanilla, heavy cream, chocolate cream, and Brazilian cachaca, this warm, spicy drink is absolutely delicious! The directions are below.
- Add the following ingredients
- 1 1/2 oz. cachaca
- 1/2 oz. chocolate liqueur (Trader Vic’s is a nice fit here – adding solid chocolate flavor without being overwhelmingly sweet)
- 2 1/2 oz. of Lowcountry Blend coffee
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup or agave syrup
- 2 oz. heavy cream
- seeds from one vanilla bean
- Stir ingredients into a mug
- Carefully pour the vanilla cream on top of the drink.
Make some Spanish coffee by adding brandy to the mix. Mix the following ingredients.
- 3/4 oz. brandy
- 1/4 oz. coffee liqueur
- 1 cup of Lowcountry Blend coffee